Štruncovy sady / Štrunc Park, Brewery and surrounds

Trail begins: U Prazdroje 64, 74 / 1, 3

First object: C9–64 Villa of the managing director and master brewer of the Burghers Brewery in Pilsen

František Němec, Hanuš Zápal, 1931

GPS: 49.7466201, 13.3861005

The route of the shortest of the existing paths introduces those interested to the traces of modern architecture in two “complementary” areas which are an integral part of Pilsen, its past and present – the Štrunc Park and the Brewery premises. The parks along the left bank of the Radbuza River have been a locality of recreation and sport since the late 19th century, as confirmed a quarter century later by the realisation of the no-longer existing Sokol sports movement pavilion for pupils and youth next to the prime Neo-Renaissance Sokol gymnasium. The modern ethos is still evident in selected residential, administration and production buildings inside and outside the Brewery premises spreading between the right river bank, the busy street U Prazdroje, the Pilsen–Prague railway line and the municipal heating plant premises.


PK

C0C1C2C3C4C5C6C7C8C9