New centre – production and residential district

Trail begins: Bendova 1107/10

First object: C2–1107 Gertrude and Willy Kraus’s apartment

Adolf Loos, Norbert Krieger, František Kvasnička, 1931

GPS: 49.7412401N, 13.3702325E

The path leading through the area in the north-west part of the former Říšské Předměstí / Imperial Suburb offers colourful content in both typology and architecture. The urbanism of this part of the city, delineated by Klatovská třída / Klatovská Avenue, the railway line, the Škoda Works premises, modern roadways and the Mže River, was being formed as early as the second half of the 19th century. The presented set of objects attempts to capture the diverse character of the district, in whose built-up area the industrial and city spirit of Pilsen were blended. Standing out among them, apart from several valuable realisations by Adolf Loos, are the office building of the former Škoda Works, the Peklo culture house, the no-longer existing premises of the Municipal Exhibition Grounds and the set of municipal tenement houses with social housing flats.


PK

Database:


C0C1C2C3C4C5C6C7C8C9