Doudlevce district

Trail begins: Presslova 395/14

First object: C5–395 Depot, Parking and Maintenance Workshops of the City of Pilsen Electric Company

Hanuš Zápal, Stanislav Smola, Svatopluk Janke, 1926

GPS: 49.7385845, 13.3814120

The shortest of the architecture paths presents the Doudlevce district – an area surrounded by the arc of the Pilsen–Klatovy railway and a meander of the Radbuza River which has preserved a great deal of its original character until today. The symbol of the industrial, and in places still somewhat peripheral, genius loci of the area is the premises of the former Pilsen City Transportation depot, which in 2015 became one of the hotspots of ECoC programme activities as the DEPO2015 Creative Zone. Besides the depot premises, the route encompasses several more technical and public buildings, early modern cooperative construction (development) and several streets of smaller terraced houses as well as one modernist acupuncture intervention.


PK

C0C1C2C3C4C5C6C7C8C9